I wanted to lay out my “content” priorities for 2017.
First, I’ve been looking at ways I can indeed “give back” more than I have. One issue I’ve looked at is (LGBTQ) asylum seekers. It’s all very inconclusive. In a number of areas volunteer agencies to communicate a sense of “duty” but are not very transparent about it. You have to “belong” to the “group” and experience some relationism – a willingness to let people into your life who could become dependent, and give up some unencumbered-ness. . (I won’t get into a speculative distinction between “relationism” and “relationalism” right now.)
But there are five “content-oriented” tasks that I need to put to bed first.
(1) Finish a series of (Wordpress) postings on the “right-sizing” issue (at least three more). These will be substantial.
(2) Complete some more analysis of the “loose ends” in my novel plot, and especially how the novel relates to two older manuscripts that I have. These older manuscripts are “Tribunal and Rapture”, an “Armageddon” story told from the viewpoint of an aging retired FBI agent, who encounters “Bill” and his cohorts on a nationwide odyssey. “Angel’s Brothers”, on the other hand, is told from the viewpoint of a middle-aged gay CIA agent with a straight family, and his gifted college student boyfriend, who has stumbled into the real secrets. “Tribunal and Rapture” was apparently started in mid 1999, and a first draft completed by early 2001. But “Tribunal and Rapture” has it’s own prequel, “Rain on the Snow”, apparently written in 2000. That novel is centered on “Bill’s” experienced being trained as a civilian reservist after losing his regular job, at a secret facility in West Texas. He discovers the “plot” and winds up in jail after a false accusation. That novel was expanded with an extended prequel of its own with other characters in 2003-2004. The entire set up could be used to build a movie “franchise” and I will set up some new materials on Wordpress to show how his could be done, even after I am “gone”.
(3) Complete some more drafts of my music, especially the Sonatas 2 and 3. (The miniatures are essentially done now.) But I need to do more work on the “last pivot” on the coda of the Sonata 3 (about 8 more measures, but critical), and some of the repetitious harmonic patterns in certain developmental passages (one in particular that is repeated twice) in Sonata 2, which I may do with a cut and past on a hand original from 1960 (after making a good photocopy). PDF’s of this sheet music exist now.
(4) Tie loose ends in the screenplays, especially “Epiphany”, “Titanium”, and maybe “69 Minutes to Titan”.
(5) Make and edit videos of my explaining my take on (a) why homophobia was the way it was in the past, and (b) what I would say as the “State of the Union” were I in Trump’s shoes. I want do beef up my skills with FinalCut Pro, and do a better job of the photo (even selfie) mixing it with location photos and some other videos. I have a GoPro for this, but it isn’t working out that well, may need a different kind of videocam.